International Teaching Professionals 2017
Program application procedure
The ITP program addresses foreign PhD and postdoctoral candidates who want to strengthen their didactic skills for academic teaching. German researchers who wish to orient themselves internationally may apply for the program, too.
For a successful admission into the selection procedure:
- You are kindly asked to fill in the registration form given below by July 9th, 2017.
- You should hand in a convincing application consisting of the following documents:
- Statement of purpose (up to 1 page, Arial type face, 10 pt., line spacing 1.3)
- Tabulated CV (including private address)
- Details of your institutional affiliation and current financing (including the probable end of the current employment)
- Brief (half-page) description and status report of your research project
- Suggestion (and his/her agreement) for a mentor who will be able to give subject-specific feedback and support your practical teaching project in the event of acceptance of your application
- Brief letter of reference (for PhD candidates from their supervisor, for Postdocs e.g. from their group leader)
- Preliminary confirmation of participation in all parts of the ITP program (see page 5 of ITP program announcement document)
The application (in English) must be sent as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9th, 2017, including all supporting documents.