International Teaching Professionals
Supplemental Certificate for Early-Stage Researchers
Goal of the program
For foreign researchers, it is frequently difficult to gain teaching experience due to language barriers or uncertainties about the local teaching culture. The “International Teaching Professionals” program provides the participants with didactic and methodological know-how and helps them design a course in close connection with their own field of research and communicate it to students. The certified teaching experience offers a long-term advantage for their future academic careers. Along with the acquisition of university didactic competence, the program additionally aims to improve networking among international researchers.
What the program includes:
- Didactic training by didactic experts in English
- Practical teaching project at one of the departments of the University of Potsdam
- Mentoring by an experienced university teacher
- The “ProTeaching” forum to exchange ideas
- Mutual teaching observations to support peer feedback
- A final certificate documenting participation in the program
- For international PhD candidates of the University of Potsdam can be offered financial support to compensate for additional work load which might arise with program participation
We assorted a list of frequently asked questions with the corresponding answers.
Please find this list here: FAQ
Tel: +49 331 977-1849
E-mail: pogs@uni- potsdam.de
Kick-Off and Closing Event 2016
At Thursday, November 17th, 2016 the combined Kick-off & Closing Event of the International Teaching Professionals program, the Closing Event of the Science meets Market (EPE) program and the PoGS Science Club took place at the Wissenschaftsetage.
For more information on this event, including a photo gallery, follow this link.